Wednesday 27 August 2014

The Review: YSL Le Teint Touche Éclat Illuminating Foundation!

Hey everyone! Summer has been crazy, and unfortunately I haven't been able to post as often as I'd like! However, as we move towards the end of August, I'm working to bring more reviews, recommendations, and skincare/haircare routines to Inner Sparkle. I can't wait!

Today, I'm going to talk about a famous foundation with a near-cult following: Yves St. Laurent's Le Teint Touche Éclat. It's inspired by their hugely popular brightening concealer, which I use frequently when doing a more natural look. After seeing countless beauty bloggers rave about this foundation, I had to brave the high price tag and try it out for myself.



Packaging: It's gorgeous. Just as stunning as you'd expect a YSL product's packaging to be. It comes in a clear, cylindrical glass bottle with a gleaming golden cap. You remove the cap to reveal a high-quality, matching gold pump. The entire aesthetic is extremely luxurious. It's classically stunning without going over the top. Every time I reach for the foundation, I have to take a moment to revel in the packaging's beauty.

Formulation: The foundation is described as weightless and illuminating, designed to provide enough coverage to correct imperfections and perfect skin texture, while still allowing for a natural, your-skin-but-better finish, and creating a gorgeous, healthy glow. It targets and brightens shadowy areas, while highlighting the contours of the face. It also includes SPF 19 to protect skin from the sun. In my experience, the foundation didn't oxidise, so I was impressed with that. In addition, the product is free of heavy fillers, including parabens, sulfates, and petrochemicals (no mineral oil, yay!), which is exactly what I'd expect from a brand like YSL.

YSL's Le Teint Touche Éclat Foundation in BD10 (Packaging)

Application: Thanks to the high-end pump that the foundation comes with, application is a breeze. The product has a thin, gel-like consistency, which makes it effortless to blend out. You can use a brush, a beauty sponge (my pick), or even your hands. One pump will give light coverage, while two pumps will provide something closer to medium coverage. I got around 6 hours of wear out of it. Make sure to set the foundation with powder if your skin is naturally oily, as this will definitely prolong the wear time.

Who Would Like It: This is the perfect foundation for those with already good skin, who are looking for something to brighten and even out their skintone. It will cover minor imperfections, like slight redness. It's likely best for those with drier skin, as it's hydrating, but wouldn't be too dewy for people with combination skin. I'd skip this if you're looking to cover issues like acne or moderate hyperpigmentation, or if your skin type is extremely oily, as this provides light, moisturising coverage. It's something I'd be likely to recommend to people with aging skin, as it's extremely forgiving on fine lines. Sephora currently carries the product in 16 variations, so you're likely to find a good shade match. For each distinct shade, there's a neutral option, a Rose option (for more cool-toned skin), and a Dore option (for more warm-toned skin).

Overall Value: For 1 oz, this will cost you $57 US/$62 CA at Sephora stores, and around the same price at boutiques and YSL counters. While the price initially seemed high, I was thoroughly impressed with the product; everything from the packaging to the ingredients to the texture feels luxurious. And a little goes a long way. I'm confident that I can make this last quite a while, and for the quality of the foundation, I'm willing to pay a higher price.

Conclusion: I loved YSL's Touche Éclat foundation. It glides over dry patches and uneven skin tone, making it one of my top picks. It truly is illuminating, and brightens my complexion in a way that really does remind me of its famous concealer counterpart.

Tried it? On your list of products to check out? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment