Monday 10 March 2014

The Review: L'Oreal Youth Code Texture Perfector Serum Concentrate!

L'Oreal has definitely released some awesome products lately - from their micellar solution that rivals Bioderma's version, to their Oil-Free Miracle Blur which reminded me a lot of the Smashbox Photo Finish primer - let's just say I've needed to make less trips to Sephora. And who doesn't love getting awesome skincare at their local drugstore for a great price? So when I spotted the Youth Code Texture Perfector, I had to give it a try.


Designed to correct skin's texture, pores, and fine lines, L'Oreal's Youth Code Texture Perfector Serum Concentrate promises to deliver noticeable results in just one week. With the inclusion of Perline-P, a combination of three perfecting ingredients to help smooth the surface of skin, it assures that pores will be less visible, as well as wrinkles. If you're looking for a product that reduces the appearance of and tightens large pores, while smoothing skin for a velvet touch, this might be for you!

Can we all take a minute to appreciate the gorgeous packaging? L'Oreal certainly did a good job at making this look high end, with a polished pink ombre glass bottle and an excellent quality pump for easy, hygienic application. I just want to stare at this on my bathroom counter all day! I've owned skincare products with triple its $30 drugstore price-tag, and the packaging wasn't nearly as nice.

L'Oreal Youth Code Texture Perfector Serum Concentrate


The consistency of the product is like a thin, creamy gel - it's hydrating and refreshing, without feeling heavy or thick. It's absorbed extremely well into the skin, without leaving behind any noticeable residue. The serum also has a gorgeous, opalescent pink colour, which adds a bit of radiance to tired or dry winter skin. After applying, you'll notice that your skin feels smoother and more refined, and looks perfected. Pores are tighter and less noticeable as well. Mix this in with your usual daily moisturiser for an added skincare boost.

Personally, I love the product and I'm hooked. I use it at night with my other products in my skincare routine, and in the morning as a primer before makeup. I'm a huge fan of using skincare products as primers - I think they do much more than usual makeup primers, and they're less likely to be irritating or cause breakouts. Plus, this is excellent at priming skin for foundation or concealer application, as a smooth, velvety texture is always ideal. And the added radiance from the opalescent colour makes this my new skincare staple.

Will you be picking up any items from L'Oreal's recent skincare launches? They're so tough to pass up when they remind me so much of high-end skincare! Another big win from L'Oreal.

You can view this, as well as all of my posts on Bloglovin here.

No comments:

Post a Comment