Friday 11 April 2014

The Review: Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser!

I've had my eye on Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser for so long! When I was at Sephora recently, I finally decided to pick it up. I was really pleased to see that Nars has recently added two new shades to the lineup. One of these new shades is called Terre Neuve, and it's lighter than their previous lightest option, Finland. If you had trouble finding a shade match before, it might be time to take another look at the Nars counter, as there are now 11 colours to choose from.



I'll be breaking my review down into different parts so that it's a little easier to navigate!

Packaging: Just like all Nars products, it comes in gorgeous, sleek black packaging with the iconic 'Nars' logo. The bottle has the same matte feel as Nars compacts, like their blushes. While the packaging looks and feels high-end, it is easy to get these dirty, as they seem to attract fingerprints and other makeup smudges. In terms of dispensing, the product comes out through a small opening, allowing for controlled and sanitary application.

Formulation: Nars promises that this tinted moisturiser is lightweight and provides hydration to thirsty skin. It evens skintone with a formula infused with naturally derived ingredients (including polysaccharides which support cell turnover, and mineral rich seawater which adds vitality to skin). It's proven to help minimize the appearance of scarring, hyperpigmentation, dark spots, and discolouration for a brighten complexion within 4 weeks. In addition, it helps to blur the look of fine lines, pores, and wrinkles to give skin a natural, glowing appearance. It's oil-free and contains SPF 30. I'd also like to note that it contains no parabens or sulphates, which is wonderful to see and exactly what I'd expect from a brand like Nars.



Application: The texture feels creamy without being overly heavy or thick. I'd liken the feel of it to Gosh's CC Cream Illuminating Foundation. This can easily be applied with your hands, or you can use a brush or beauty sponge. It blends beautifully into skin, leaving no streaks. It has a light-to-medium coverage that's easily buildable, and perfects skin nicely without looking unnatural.
It faired very well on my combination skin after all-day wear. It didn't disappear in my oilier areas, which was nice. Overall, it provided quite a bit of comfortable, non-greasy hydration to my skin that lasted for hours after I first applied it. The only negative thing that I noticed was that after many hours of wear, it sank in to my dry patches a little and made them more noticeable.

Who Would Like It: I think it's safe to recommend this to almost anyone! If you have oilier skin, you'll want to prime underneath it and set it with powder. If you have obvious dry patches on your skin, make sure you prime first as well. Other than that, I think it would make a beautiful, universally-flattering base for almost anyone. The only reason I'd suggest skipping this would be if you have severe hyperpigmentation or acne, which this won't cover.

Overall Value: Whether you buy this from Sephora or a Nars counter, it's not going to be cheap. That said, I was incredibly pleasantly surprised to realize that this product contains 1.9 oz instead of the typical 1 oz you usually see with bases. That's almost double! Therefore, I think that this is definitely worth buying. You get high-end quality, whereas the amount of product you get with your purchase likely makes this one of the most inexpensive tinted moisturisers from Sephora.

Conclusion: Nars Radiant Tinted Moisturiser is a winner all around. It perfects skintone naturally, while hydrating and allowing skin to keep a pretty glow (without ever getting oily). It's suitable for a variety of skin types, and now with the addition of new shades, it's great for many skin tones as well. I'm loving the fact that Nars understands and appreciates the diversity of its' customer base.

Will you be trying out one of the new shades? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment