Saturday 8 February 2014

Quick Chat: A Huge Drugstore Haul and Weekend Makeup Looks!

I did a little shopping today and popped into stores like Target and Walmart to pick up some new goodies from brands like Revlon, Maybelline, Nyx, Milani, and more. I posted a photo on Instagram of the entire haul:


Many of these will be featured in upcoming reviews, Valentine's Day posts, high end/drugstore comparisons, and makeup looks. For now, I've broken down the haul into some of the products I'm most excited to try out. Read on for more!

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser

Ever since I heard about this product a few months ago, I've been waiting rather impatiently for the launch. As a true lover of Benefit's Porefessional and Nyx's Pore Filler I'm so excited to try this out! While I've heard that it's not a dupe of Benefit's cult classic, I'm still definitely willing to give this a try and test out it's pore-erasing abilities. I love the entire Maybelline 'Baby' line, so I have high expectations for this primer. Let me know if you'd like to see a comparison of this product vs. the Nyx or Benefit one. 

Gosh CC Cream Illuminating Foundation

I had the opportunity to test out this oil-free CC cream while in store, and I felt like jumping up and down. Not only is this paraben and mineral oil free, which is so important to me, I've finally found a perfect skintone match in a drugstore CC cream! For those of you who haven't been able to find one light enough for you, I promise that Porcelain (01) will be beautiful. It stays true to the colour you see when you apply it, as it doesn't oxidise as so many BB and CC creams do. Plus, the texture is truly wonderful and it melted into my skin. I can't wait to wear this stuff all day! As you might have seen from the haul, I was so impressed that I bought 2. I'm head over heels in love with this. 

Nyx Butter Gloss in Peaches and Cream

I had a great day today, because not only was I able to find the Maybelline Pore Eraser and a gorgeous CC cream, I also got my hands on a Nyx Butter Gloss! I've been looking for one of these for a while, as the hype around them is huge. I've used other Nyx lip glosses before, and I've been impressed, so I'm really looking forward to giving this bright peach one a try. 

Milani Smooth Finish Cream to Powder Makeup (packaging)

Milani's Cream to Power Makeup in Spiced Almond (02)

I've been searching for something to complete my makeup collection: the perfect cream contour. I'm a huge fan of Nyx's Taupe blush for a lovely powder contour on pale skin, but I wanted something in a cream form for a more gentle, natural look. The thing is, a contour should be an ashy, grey-based shade, to mimic shadows on your face. If the colour is warm, it won't look as natural. That's why I was so excited to find this cooler shade of Milani's cream foundation! I'll let you know how it goes as a contour colour.

Revlon Age Defying Targeted Dark Spot Concealer Treatment

This just launched recently as a part of Revlon's new age-defying line, which includes a foundation and CC cream, among many other products. But even though it's new, I've heard a ton about this in the beauty world. I decided that I had to give it a try, so I picked it up in the lightest shade. From testing it in the store, I can see that it's a rich, creamy product that seems like it will provide a full-coverage look. I'm looking forward to testing this out and seeing if it helps to camouflage and treat my dark circles. 

Quo Minerals Master Powder Blush

While I purchased many products today (I got a little carried away, which usually happens to me around makeup), this is the last one I'll take you through for now. This Quo blush comes in beautiful packaging with a finish that reminds me of Hourglass's Ambient Lighting powders. You push on the side and it opens up by itself, revealing a shiny mirror and the product. I purchased this blush in Peach Blossom, and it just might be the most stunning shade I've ever tried. When swatched, it's incredibly silky and creamy, and has a shimmer that gives a lit-from-within glow. I want this on my face. Now. 

When getting ready to go out shopping today (I brought my mom along, she's the best makeup shopping buddy!), I decided to try out some new products and create a weekend look:



On my eyes I'm wearing shades from my new Too Faced Natural Eyes palette, which I'm super impressed with. For foundation, I'm wearing a mixture of Covergirl's Stay Fabulous, my favourite drugstore pick, and Nars Sheer Glow, my favourite high end option. On my cheeks: Tarte's Amazonian Clay blush in Thankful, Elf's baked highlighter in Moonlight Pearls, and Nyx Taupe to contour. Almay's Color + Care Liquid Lipgloss in Rosy Lipped is on my lips. 

I hope you guys enjoyed this impromptu weekend post! I just had to tell you about my new finds at the drugstore, and I'll be sharing my thoughts in more detail on many of the products in the haul. Let me know if there's anything you'd like me to feature specifically. Hope you're all having a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment